Catch up on our webinar introducing the African Cities Research Consortium (ACRC) and outlining how the Consortium and its international partners are planning to tackle complex, political and systemic problems in some of Africa’s fastest-growing urban areas.
ACRC has been awarded a contract of £32 million from the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) over the next 6 years. Building on the political settlements analysis established by the Effective States and Inclusive Development research centre, ACRC will adopt a city as systems approach to addressing complex urban problems. Through engaged action research we aim to catalyse progress for disadvantaged communities in a number of focus cities and beyond.
- Professor Diana Mitlin, The University of Manchester
- Professor Sam Hickey, The University of Manchester
- Dr Martin Atela, Partnership for African Social and Governance Research, Nairobi
- Chaired by Dr Admos Chimhowu
Find out more
- The African Cities Research Consortium
- The Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre
- Follow the African Cities Research Consortium on Twitter
- Sign up to the African Cities Research Consortium newsletter
This post originally appeared on the Global Development Institute Blog.
Note: This article presents the views of the author featured and does not necessarily represent the views of the African Cities Research Consortium as a whole.
The African Cities blog is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0), which means you are welcome to repost this content as long as you provide full credit and a link to this original post.